We can talk about The Office and Yes, it is the best comedy on TV.
We can talk about Smallville, and Yes, I love it too but have missed a couple seasons and am too lost right now to get back in.
We can talk about Mythbusters/Last One Standing/Ugly Betty whatever but THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION is LSU Football!!
College football has become my new addiction! It, alone, has solidified itself as the most anticipated show on TV. SEC football, however is miraculous. LSU football, however is just in a league of it’s own! If we’re not trying to shut out our opponent we’re making the best dang 2nd halfs of football. I swear I’m going to have a heart attack by season’s close. (Probably our Thanksgiving day against the hogs of Arkansas!) I mean ever since Florida, I don’t see how networks aren’t fighting each other over who’ll cover the game!! Seriously:
- 28-16 over Spurrier’s South Carolina Gamecocks with the infamous “fake field goal kick!” I got more of a kick with the look on Spurrier’s face 🙂
- 28-24 over Florida with the biggest crowd turnout in Tiger Stadium’s history (92,910 people!) My first game back in Tiger Stadium in 2 years was exhilarating! Coach Miles’ gutsiest 4th quarter and celebration with the student section is ingrained in my memory like pictures in a photo album. Tigers are now #1 in the nation!
- 37-43 loss in Kentucky was wild. Still just a ridiculous game, taking it all the way to the 3rd Overtime!
- 30-24 over Auburn won in the final second of the game! It doesn’t get any closer than this!
- 41-34 over BAMA again in the 4th quarter!!!
It’s so wild. As I’ve said before, I could have cared less about football, but it’s so dang fun now! Since it was such an early game we watched it with Chloe here at the house as she watched Little Einsteins on the laptop on the floor. There were a couple times there in the 4th quarter that we freaked her out and she ran to Rae crying. My jumping up and down on the sofa cheered her up! If you want to stop a 2 year old from crying, just ask her if she wants to “Join Daddy jumping on the sofa?!” Works like a charm 🙂
As I said, it’s College Football in general that’s my new found addiction. Honorable mentions this week go out to:
- Florida State’s upset over #2 Boston College! Not only a crazy game but a great thing for us Tigers!
- Kansas’ trouncing of Nebraska 76-39! I’ve got to ask my Aunt and Uncle what they’re feeding them boys up there 🙂 Don’t ya’ll live walking distance to the campus!
- Georgia tops Troy and Moreno gets nearly 200 yards! 44 over 34 for a great game. A big Go Dawgs over to Fred!
- Michigan comes from behind to topple Michigan State! Man, if only I had time/ability to watch all these games! I see why Sports Center is such a hit now! When I’m not blogging, I’m still thinking of the Original Mudpuppy!
- Lastly, Texas’ 4th quarter fiesta over Oklahoma St. pulling out at 38-35 win. Wow! What an incredible day of football!