We are spending a TON of time outside the office this season! My, my, my, I guess it’s fine but it kind of takes the luster of The Office away from being “the office” sometimes.
I liked this episode though overall. It’s almost not even worth talking about because it was such a physical comedy show! I mean holy cow, some of the things they did were hilarious but you’d have to watch them! Pam’s lil faces behind Jim, Toby’s sunburt face, Dwight uncovering his weaponry arsenal scattered throughout the office, Michael wearing a Battlestar Gallactica sweatsuit (obviously one of Dwight’s), anytime Creed was in the room, Michael’s surprising people for their birthdays, Oscar’s fall after being surprised by Michael for his birthday!! and Michael and Dwight out in the woods. I swear they must have simply told Steve Carrell: “Take this camera and go for it!” I can’t imagine any of that being scripted! Probably the same for Rainn Wilson’s lines out there. Those guys are inherently hilarious I bet they had a ball making this episode!
Here’s the best of this week:
- Michael wasn’t invited – Pam, Phyllis, Toby
- Apparently, they already know everything about Michael that they need to know. – Pam
- I say it’s better to be hurt by someone you know accidentally than by a stranger on purpose. – Dwight
- When I return I hope to be a completely changed human being. – Michael
That’d be great! – Jim
- You…are as creepy as a real serial killer. For real. – Michael
- THUNK – Dwight’s shoe across Michael’s head!
- Blacks do crack! Not crack the drug. – Michael
- Tell her it’s for Creed. She’ll know what that means. – Creed
- I….HAVE…HEMMORIODS!!! – Michael
- Safety is…click…on. – Dwight
- Hey Michael..up..I mean Jim. – Phyllis
- That’s what she said. – Jim
Honestly, this episode was in many ways a character building episode for Michael and Jim! I mean, all season Michael has been starving for his camaraderie with Jim and here we have the role reversal while Michael is off finding himself. Jim takes over Michael’s office and begins to become Michael! He’s even getting peeved by Toby! HAHAHA. That whole struggle against the transformation and Pam’s coy grins were the best thing for me this episode. You top it off with Michael and Jim’s last conversation there in the party room and it’s really touching! I’m glad we’ve lost jerk Jim this season and we’re really being drawn in to love Michael and all his bizarre natured quirks!
As always, don’t forget to check out the deleted scenes! http://www.nbc.com/theoffice