Spoiler talk and alert here!
Here’s what NBC tells us:
GOODBYE, TOBY – SPECIAL ONE HOUR SEASON FINALE – Oscar nominee Amy Ryan (“Gone Baby Gone”) guest stars – It’s Toby’s goodbye party at Dunder Mifflin and Michael demands a huge celebration that matches the joy in his heart. Angela, sick of Michael’s unreasonable last minute demands, refuses, and Michael turns to Phyllis to take over the party planning committee. Meanwhile, Dwight and Meredith haze the new HR woman, Holly (Amy Ryan).
So much is said in that little blurb and yet I don’t feel spoiled because I believe we’ll be getting so much more!
I’m wondering if instead of us getting a big super charged 1 hour finale if we’ll get basically 2 30 minute episodes back to back? They did that a few times last season for the hour long episodes. Because I find it hard to have a celebration party for Toby with his replacement there with him? Here’s what I’m hoping for:
- More from our new dynamic duo: Kevin and Andy!
- Alpha male battle to win the heart of Angela between Dwight and Andy
- Ryan coming in to welcome the new HR rep and Jim putting him in his place
- Tons of awful Michaelisms as he sends Toby the hell on 🙂
- Could it be a proposal?
The Jim/Pam scenario here is most interesting. There’s been word leaked of an Office spin-off and lately:
- Ryan’s been threatening Jim
- Ryan’s job could be threatened
- Michael’s been acting the complete @ss to Pam lately!
- Pam gets a little seed planted in her head at the Job Fair last week
- Hmmmm so much to spin here!
I’m so excited to see what’s going to happen here!!! I suppose I’ll have to turn off Twitter because I’ll be a few hours behind!
So what do you think?