3. I think musical style matters in worship through music. I know it shouldn’t but I can’t explain my musical taste and neither can I explain why simply the intro to a certain worship song can draw me to a song where as another song can be sung for ten minutes and I have to want to try to worship before anything happens.
4. My wife and I have been together for 10 years. Married for 5 and dated for 5. I am her High School Sweetheart. She’s not mine though 😦 I was in college at the time!
5. I’m a Christian cynic. I think that means that I initially don’t like anything with the label of “Christian” in the cultural environment. That’s usually a big turn-off for me.
7. I struggle with being a parent and a friend to my daughter and she’s only 3.
9. Once a week I hear: “You know, you remind me of Jesus!” but it’s because of the long hair.
10. I played in a “Christian” Rock Band in College called Soapbox and was an awful front man.
11. I grew up Southern Baptist, went to a Non-Denominational church, helped plant an Episcopalian church, visited my Maw Maw’s Methodist Church, and am now on staff at a Presbyterian church.
12. I used to have a problem with pornography but the love of my wife and daughter have made that intolerable in my life.
13. I am a gear snob. Don’t come to me with a solid state amp or anything with First Act on it!
16. I have a crazy philosophy on the subject of Deja Vu. I don’t remember if I truly made it up or if there is actual scientific data backing it! I should research it more…wait a minute…I remember wanting to do that once before…wait a minute…