I’m still just a bit dizzy from attending LSU’s sold out PostSecret event! If I can be honest here, which…isn’t that the whole point? I really went to see what the big fuss was all about! I’d been hearing/seeing glimpses of PostSecret here:
and various places online and even modified for different church events I’d heard about and seen online. It wasn’t until walking through the art exhibit at LSU’s Union that I thought I just HAD to attend this event! It sounds tremendously silly trying to explain how reading a bunch of strangers’ secrets that they’ve written down on postcards truly is moving…but it is! Then tonight with Frank Warren walking us through the experience and what this movement has become was just wild!
Unfortunately, I’ve had to take some pretty powerful medicine that is attempting to knock me out so I will give you my notes from tonight’s event:
- This was the Largest Event put on by the blah blah blah at LSU! Yeah it was sold out! There were like 1,000 of us there in the Cox building!
- PostSecret has been a tremendous supporter of the National Suicide Hotline.
- When All American Rejects approached Frank, they offered him $1k to showcase the postcard secrets for their video ‘Dirty Little Secret.’ Frank turned them down but countered that it’d cost them $2k but to make the check out to the National Suicide Hotline.
- “Suicide” is America’s secret.
- It seemed like Frank gets “church” better than some churches! He’s found that it appears people are simply seeking “grace and authenticity” through the telling of their stories! That he seeks to create a “safe, nonjudgemental place where people feel safe sharing their hopes and dreams and where they can connect with other people.” AMEN BROTHER!
- He receives over 1,000 secrets a week. All sent to his physical, home address. All opened and read by him.
- The amount of times he kept skirting the Gospel was crazy.
The Q&A was extremely beneficial as well. More on that and coherent thoughts tomorrow!
Go check out PostSecret and find out what the secrets all about 🙂