It was a dark period for me after X&Y had completely saturated the radio when Chris Martin made a comment to the effect of: “Even we’re tired of ourselves. You won’t be hearing from us for some time.” However, the sun has risen on a new day! Coldplay is back!
- Still riding the one-two punch of singles Viva La Vida and Violet Hill, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends has moved 1.8 million copies and is BRILLIANT in my humble opinion 🙂
- American Music Awards had them on performing Lovers in Japan.
- Kanye West threw out some Chris Martin love during his acceptance speech.
- Last week they were No. 15 in Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainers of the Year list.
- Prospeckt’s March is out with some yummy morsels of goodness and is No. 4 in the Top Albums list on iTunes.
- TiVo picked up their Austin City Limits show from X&Y this morning for me!!
- The CD dropped this year and already we have a video collection that includes Lovers in Japan, LOST!, Violet Hill, and now 2 for Viva La Vida.
Then came Jay-Z! The latest ‘Collision Course’ like collaboration of Viva La Vida and Jay-Z. If that wasn’t enough, he’s accompanying Coldplay for 3 tour dates in the UK! Man, I’ve always wanted to cross the pond! Looks like it’ll be happening in September of next year!
Who’s with me?!?
Now comes Kylie Minogue! Apparently, she popped into the Bakery while the boys were recording and they created a song ‘too sexy’ for Viva la Vida. It’ll be featured in a new release out next year and at Join(RED)’s new site (RED)WIRE that launches….today!
While you’re at it email you’re name and address to competitions-at-coldplay-dot-com before Dec. 15th to win a setlist from their show at Birmingham.
I’m expecting a Coldplay burnout any day now but it just isn’t happening.
I guess if you’re going to be the biggest Rock Band in the world you have to be the hardest working ones as well 🙂
…at least until U2 drops their new project!!