Fred McKinnon has a killer thing happening every Sunday called Sunday Setlists. If you blog and go to church you should get involved. I don’t have any evidence from last year but this year looks like a pretty modern list of new and current songs!
Out of the 49 churches represented, I give you the Most Played Easter Songs for this year according to Sunday Setlists:
- Mighty to Save – Hillsong – 16 churches
- Happy Day – Tim Hughes – 10 churches
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today – 9 churches
- Jesus Messiah – Chris Tomlin – 8
- Jesus Paid it All – Kristian Stanfill – 8
- In Christ Alone – Stuart Townsend? Matt Papa? Traditional? – 7
- My Redeemer Lives – Hillsong – 7
- How Great is Our God – Tomlin – 6
- All Because of Jesus – Steve Fee – 5
- I Will Rise – Tomlin – 4
There were some INCREDIBLE sets out there. My favorite was one that included Foo Fighter’s My Hero for their offering (ugh…they are my hero!) followed closely with the church that did U2’s Pride (in the Name of Love) for their prelude! Some real traditional sets. Sets with choirs, full bands, the whole mix. What I didn’t pay attention to were the arrangements and that’s a bid deal for songs like Jesus Paid it All and In Christ Alone that have been revamped but…oh well.
Chris Tomlin holds the ground it appears as the most popular artist in church today 🙂 But I was stoked to see All Because of Jesus up there!
Honorable mentions go out to: Phil Wickham’s True Love, The Wonderful Cross, Crowder’s Here is our King, and Hillsong’s Lead Me to the Cross.
So, did I miss you? List your songs below or head over to Fred’s Blog Carnival for Sunday Setlists!