Jud Wilhite brought it and I’m out to get home and back for practice tonight! Here’s the last bit I have:
Larry Osborne/North Coast Church = Future of the church
Good stuff! Get this!
Matt/Austin Stone =
Is there something wrong or missing from the American church culture that’s keeping us from actually seeing victory over sin
Christians struggle with sin: Romans 7
Scott Williams/Lifechurch/Big is the new Small = Church diversity sucks but it doesn’t have to
Jim/Flat Irons Community Church =
You have to allow people to belong before they can believe
Not my job to save, fix, or change people. I’m not your Holy Spirit
Neal Cole/Organic Church =
Phil 2: Do nothing from selfish or empty conceit….
God is looking for servants who will lead. Make a name for others
Stunning story of his father-in-law
Reggie Joiner/Orange = Neamiah
Rebuilding the wall for a generation he knew would need a faith in God
1/2 way through the attack with the threat of attack he leaned into the people and reminded them of what was at stake! Leaned into the families – fight for your family, songs, daughters!
60-80% of teenagers are dropping out of faith/church
1. Those on the outside would change their opinion of who God is
2. Those on the inside would begin to change their opinion of who God is and pay attention like never before
3. Celebration of God’s work from those seeing who God is
Bill Easum/ = Legacy
Legacy is who you leave behind not what
2 metaphors likes: Spiritual Midwife and Scout
What do I need to stop doing!
Develop your “to be” list – a list of ppl who could be leaders in the future!
JD Greer/Summit Church =
Center of our ministry out to be the proclamation of Jesus
Act 1 – primary task is to be a witness to me
Gospel is not even an exclusive religious word
Do NOT confuse the effects of the gospel with the actual gospel!
Love is the most powerful apologetic for the Gospel
Geoff Surrat/Seacost Church – Keep your faith strong
How do you go from being on staff to being a disconnected follower of Christ?
1. Take care of your family – Ministry free zones
2. Go to church – don’t work in church without stopping to worship in church. With your family, sitting down worshipping together
3. Be in a small group – not your title but yourself
4. Prioritize your personal worship –
5. Growing your faith – not preparation for your message/retreat/etc.
6. Give generously – generous giving defeats selfishness
7. Serve on a mission – something that helps another mission.
8. Volunteer – Outside of your ministry
9. Forgive – when we work with other people we’re going to get hurt and need to forgive. Every church has an imperfect staff
10. Believe the best – about your other staff personnel
Lady from Crosspoint Church =
Rich Nathan/Vineyard Church =
Marketing loves to play the either/or card but we find in the Bible the both/and principle.
Never has there been divorce like there is with evangelism and social justice
We had to address poverty and abortion in our community so joined with 300 women at risk for abortion
Sam from India =
Dan Kimball/Santa Cruz Vintage Church =
In the church tradition should never get in the way of mission or it is a sin.
Chip/Pinelake Church Mississippi = Take care of yourself
You’re the only one who can take care of you
Your well being is your responsibility
Jud Wilhite/Central Christian Church =
Managing the small details in life! Most ppl think an iceberg that sank the Titanic when in fact it was faulty rivets! Substandard details. The parallel for us on the surface things are well but underneath we must manage the details.
The Assassin Character Creep.
1. Plan for the assassin – be ready. Travel, money, counseling with the opposite sex.
Hands off the money, pants up, and stay out of the hot tub! Sometimes there is success by default – the last person standing.
A long obedience in the same direction
2. Operate by the media mode of operation – never do anything today that you’d be uncomfortable seeing on the front page of the newspaper tomorrow!