So far we’ve heard some intense leaders and incredible words! Here’s what I’ve got so far:
Troy Grambling/Flamingo Rd Church = pride
1. Forgetting the gift is bigger than the person
2. When you grow impatient with people
3. When we are unwilling to hear the truth
4. Symbols of Power became important
Mark/Granger Community = Why people join or leave your ministry
2. Your mission or your vision
3. Your teammates
Brian/Concord Church = Church leadership
Dave Ferguson/Community Christian Church = Apprenticeship
5 Steps for Apprenticeship:
1. I do you watch
2. I do you help
3. You do I help
4. You do I watch
5. You do & someone else watches
Do not underestimate that something simple but profound can revolutionize your ministry.
2 Tim. 2:2
Something small that allows something big to happen
Anne Jackson/Flowerdust = Christ’s community
Apart from me you can do nothing.
Is working at a church interfering with your community with Christ?
Scott Hodge = God’s priority
Pray that I hear God’s voice every day and pray that I have the courage to obey.
1. Rescheduling your day to provide time to hear him
2. Begin in the small things
Am I hearing from God? Am I giving? My best parts of the day to God?
Am I willing to obey God whatever it takes or more about what ppl think of me?
Perry Noble = Movement
A movement of God cannot be planned but must be prepared for
Leadership is as easy as listening to God
Listen to the voice of God: it’s Your church what would you have me do?
Skye/Leadership Journal = Identity
Things keeping us from hearing God
Maybe outcomes are not accurate portrayal of my legitimacy in ministry.
Jesus said his bread that sustained his life was to do the will of the Father. Jesus identity was rooted that he was the beloved of the Father.
The outcomes of ministry do not belong to us! They belong to the Father. We are are to dwell with him.
1. Legitimacy does not come from the outcome of your ministry
2. Stop judging (for me and others) legitimacy on outcomes!
3. ID in Jesus we’ll find the power and strength to defy a culture around us.